National Service Dogs is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, committed to strong, responsible and ethical governance of the organization through policy and strategic oversight. Integral to this commitment, is building a collective Board team that represents a diverse and well-rounded mix of skills, experience and attributes.
This year, we have six spaces available on our Board due to vacancies, director retirements and terms coming up for renewal. National Service Dogs is committed to being a leader in supporting and valuing the diversity of the clients and communities we serve.
Additionally, the professional expertise we’re recruiting for to further strengthen our Board are:
- Financial professional (CA, CGA designations preferred)
- Senior fundraising professional
- Senior human resources administrator
- Experience leading strategic planning process and project management
- Government relations expert, senior policy influencer and strategist with national experience
If you feel your skills, professional expertise and governance values will complement our Board, please send your resume to: email@example.com by May 15th at 5 p.m. EST. Applications from professionals across Canada are encouraged.
Please contact us if you have any questions as you work through your application.
About the commitment
- Board members serve two-year terms, with the option of renewal at the AGM;
- Board members are required to sign a Code of Conduct & Ethics for Board Members annually;
- The Board meets a minimum of six times/year;
- Much of the Board’s work is done in committee. Each board member serves on at least one Board committee;
- Board members typically spend 4-6 hours/month preparing for/attending meetings; and
- Board members endeavor to attend and/or support National Service Dogs’ fundraisers, graduations or branded events in their communities, where possible.
National Service Dogs empowers people to achieve their full potential with strategically trained and certified service dogs, catalysts for restorative change. Founded in 1996 and based in Cambridge, Ontario, National Service Dogs breeds and trains Certified Service Dogs for Autism and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. NSD is a member of Assistance Dogs International, Inc. and is accredited by Imagine Canada.