What are the things we leave behind? Great men have monuments built in their name; artists have their works showcased in museums; stars leave their footprints on sidewalks. What will you leave behind? Perhaps the greatest testament to a life well-lived is the impact it has on others. National Service Dogs’ Leave a Legacy Program offers a fitting tribute to you and your loved ones, one which allows you to continue to improve the lives of others for generations to come.
There are many ways you can help:
- Stocks and Bonds: Stocks and bonds may be donated to National Service Dogs as an outright gift and can be easily transferred to the organization without triggering a capital gain for the donor.
- Bank Accounts: Bank accounts, certificates of deposit, or individual retirement accounts may be placed in trust for or made payable on death to National Service Dogs.
- Insurance: National Service Dogs may be named as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy or a retirement/pension plan.
- Real Estate: Real estate may be donated either by making an outright gift or, in the case of residential property, by reserving a life estate to the donor, who can continue to live therein during his/her lifetime.
- Gift Annuity: A gift annuity is an arrangement whereby one transfers money or securities to National Service Dogs; in exchange the donor or designate receives a specified annuity payment every year for life.
- Wills and Trusts: Property or money may be bequeathed to National Service Dogs by means of a legal will. NSD may also be named as beneficiary of a trust agreement.
To discuss National Service Dogs’ Leave a Legacy Program or to leave a bequest, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org