A four (4) month, unpaid program, that allows applicants to either work PT or FT dependent on their program and availability. Each student experience will be designed based on each candidate’s existing skills.
Generally, interns can be asked to:
- capture and archive content for social media platforms
- assist with administrative duties associated with the operation of a not-for-profit organization
- website development
Applications are kept on file for 3 months and students will be contacted if a suitable opening exists (feel free to reapply). Ideal work terms are as follows:
• September – December
• January – April
• May – August
Internship opportunities are unpaid and are available to students completing college or university programs in a variety of fields such as (but not limited to): communications, marketing, and public relations. As an intern for NSD, you will play an important role in assisting the Puppy Program Team with marketing-related tasks and gain considerable hands-on experience. Your responsibilities will vary day-to-day and your work setting will occur both online and in person. Your experiences may include the following:
- Generate content for newsletters and social media
- Assist with the development and management of website and content
- Other duties as assigned (based on your strengths and future interests)
To help local and regionally located students gain hands-on experience working in a charitable organization. We’re seeking two (2) students who wish to experience an unpaid four-month internship. The programs are open to individuals ages 18 and over who may be pursuing a career in a related field.
- Public speaking experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Photo and Video editing
- Knowledge of and experience working with a variety of social media platforms
- High attention to detail and ability to integrate new knowledge quickly
- Experienced in developing social media campaigns
- Web development
- Exceptional editing/proofreading skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks to meet deadlines
- Comfortable with dogs
Interested? Please send your resume and cover letter to Rochelle Barber.